At some point in our lives, back pains are an inevitable occurrence that we must find ways of dealing with them. Since time immemorial, it has been a problem that keeps taking a turn for the worst with each passing day. Back pains have been a threat especially proved to be a threat especially in old age that no permanent remedy has been found for it. Come to think of it; we also have a major role to play in combating this terrible nightmare. Back pains come about as a result of multiple factors. Most of them have everything to do with our lifestyles. We shall have a more in-depth look at back pains, their causes, and how to prevent them.
Common Causes Of Back Pains
The excruciating feeling on our backs results from many possible factors such as;
1. The Sitting Position.
This is particularly the case for those in careers that involve long hours of sitting. Which is why we must be very conscious of the posture we assume any time we sit down to work on something on our computers. Most of us get so engrossed in our work that our heads subconsciously lean forward in such a way that we are not sitting straight. We subject our backs to unnecessary pressures when we remain bent for too long.
2. Lifting Heavy Objects.
Sometimes we involuntarily subject our backs to the lifting of objects that are sometimes equal to or heavier than our weight. It is possible to steer clear of this kind of destructive exercise as it could render our backs debilitated.
3. Wanting Sleeping Positions.
However tired we may be at the end of a long, hard day, we need to be careful on how we lay our backs on the bed. When you assume a wrong posture all through the night, the result will be worse than a stiff back in the morning.
Preventing Back Pains
The only one able to initiate this noble venture is no one else but you, it is in your hands. I’ll tell you how;
1. Watch your back when you walk, sit and stand. Walk, sit and stand straight and the results will positively surprise you.
2. Avoid lifting heavy objects. You don’t have to try to lift it to tell that it is grievous to your back, you can do so just by looking at the load you want to attempt lifting and carrying.
3. Stretch your back and limbs. Failure to do so will cause your muscles to be so stiff leading to chronic back pains. You can do this when you wake up in the morning and after sitting for long hours. This should take you not less than five minutes.
4. Get used to being active every moment you are awake and balance your diet when you plan your meals. Being active will make your back stronger and maintain its shape.
Curative Measures For Back Pains
When you fall prey to back pains, this is not a death sentence. Keep your head up, walk straight because there is light at the end of the tunnel. See your physician who will prescribe some remedies that you must adhere to without fail.
Surgery is also an option in case things get out of hand but just make sure you don’t hand yourself over to some quack who will only make things worse than they already are.
Last but not least, go for massages twice or thrice every week.